Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Mission almost accomplished

Hi good fellas!
I will talk like a storyteller. but first of all I need a soundtrack...Selection is quite easy:

After three months of long and hard research in all the supermarkets...looking for informations among my collegaues, I was really discouraged. there is no way to find the object of my research in this part of Sweden. I am sure you know what I am referring to. The title of this blog, is the final goal of my permanence here and apparently my efforts were giving no results up to last Friday.  In order to accomplish my last attempt of success, I couldn't do it alone, so I asked the help of a valid support: Silvia from Geneve:
her arrival in Lund gave a new enthusiasm to my mission, and soon after her landing in Sweden we took the car for a long trip:
Destination: abroad
Country: Nimis
In this micronation, created in 1996 (nimis), storytellers talk about some hints about our beloved surstromming. The mission was not easy; the place is quite hidden on the coast and no arrows were indicating the way except for some yellow N on the trees

...but after a long walk of 30 minutes, on the shore of the sea, this was the scene that impressed our eyes:
 At a first glance, some Veneto-Italian could define it as "ruinazzi" but...going a bit deeper in the details it was clear that tides were not able to create such a construction. Tunnels, wood tunnels were departing in every direction. Some of them, so tight that the bagpack was hardly passing trough the holes:







Once reached an open-to-the-sky place, we could look backward.

a systems of fortification erected by an artist? the opera of a crazy genius? the signs that we are not alone on the universe? no answers to my questions. But of course it was our destiny to be here that day and that time. and even more it was written in the pages of fate that I would have climbed the highest tower and there, right on the top of it could experience the contact with HIM!


The box stinks even when sealed....it means that is going rotten and it is better to wait that it is totally spoiled before eating it. With no reflection, my hand put it in the bag...me and Silvia ran away from Nimis before serious consequences could put our life and (mine, hers, and the one of the Sustromming) in danger.
as soon as we reached a calm place, the stress cumulated in our bones was finally vanishing
 and a deep sleep took its place:






Now, I want to show you that the "rotten flavoured box" is safely in my place and to do this, you can see on the background the post I am writing



The expiring date says clearly: best before 31/12/2014, but we could think about the meaning of "best" in this context: does it mean "good", "not so bad", "better than a slap in your face", "simply disgusting"!?..who knows, but of course you are invited to the surstromming tasting contest that will be held in Farges in the new year eve of 2014! for the time being the can will be kept in the fridge in a controlled environment, waiting for its maturation!

Changing subject I am getting closer and closer to my departure from Sweden, today I booked the ferry-boat that is gonna bring me from Ystad to  Swinoujsce in Poland from where I will drive to Berlin to spend on resting week with my friend Silvia (anotherone), before my final docking in Farges! I still have to figure out how to load the trunk of my car, but considering that:
- I didn't buy new fancy or posh clothes
- I go back home with the same stuff I came here
- my car has the same dimensions of three months ago.
I realize that I could stop thinking about that!
Great then!
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment